Saturday, August 27, 2011

Interpreting a Sketch

I hope everyone is fairing well after the storm. We are still experiencing high winds and flooding so it is not over just yet. I did get a little scrapping done during the storm, thankfully we did not lose power. I love using sketches for inspiration. At first when I started using sketches I felt like I had to interpret them literally. Over time I learned to take elements of a sketch and make it my own. I used this sketch by Aphra Bolyer as the starting point for my layout.



The first thing I did was to turn the sketch around for a different perspective. This angle worked for me once I decided on which photo and paper line I wanted to use. Since I wanted to do a single photo layout I focused my attention on the bottom part of the sketch.



Then I picked out the elements that I wanted to incorporated into my own layout. Like having a decorative edge, the cluster of embellishments and the vertical writing.




After gathering all of my thoughts I got to work and the end result is this........................................................................

my final take on the sketch. I think sketches are a great way to kick start your creativity, don't you?

6 comments:

Tamika said...

It came out beautifully!

lovemypaper said...

Very nice layout!

An'Jenic G. said...

Thanks for the tip on how to interpret a sketch.

Tiffany Temple said...

I love everything you do with your pages!

Angi Barrs said...

What a gorgeous layout. Love it. :)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Great job with the sketch!! What a beautiful picture!!! Love the monogram letters!!!
Maria

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Snag a Button


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones