- Very lightweight and easy to hold. It is a pretty pink color.
- Works as advertised.
- Battery operated, great to move around with.
- Well hopefully this was just a fluke on my unit but the "on" indicator does not work and I burned my hand trying to see if it was working. Now considering how hot these get, it was very painful. (I am returning mine for this reason alone).
- Battery Operated, needs three double AA and that can get costly after while.
- It doesn't come with any jewels to use even as a sample, all acessories are sold separately.
- Gems can start sliding if you press too hard so you want to be very careful.
- The small head seems to limit the effectiveness when using larger gems.
How it works -
The gems come with a hard adhesive on the back. You put the gem in place, then place the heat tool on top to melt the adhesive underneath.
Overall it works great! And man-o-man does that adhesive hold. Now working with the gems can be a pain, especially the smaller ones but they sell an accessory that makes it easier to pick them up, I just used a q-tip instead and it worked fine.
So overall I recommend it as long as the indicator light works, if not it can be a pretty dangerous tool to have around, especially if you have children. If you have the hotmarks tool already (as I do) you can just buy the gems and it will work exactly the same but unfortuantely that has a cord. If you don't have the hotmarks already then the i-rock is definitely a better deal price wise.
Remember the sketch I said I was working on a few posts ago, well here is the end result usisng the i-rock.