Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Burlesque Party Favors

     Sometimes having a long weekend works in reverse for me. Instead of me enjoying the extra time off it makes me long for the days when I won't have to work (I hope my hubby is reading this, lol). I did get some crafting relief over the weekend. One of my bonus nieces turned 32 and wanted "Aunt Tamika" to help with her favors. She had a burlesque themed party with corsets and boas as mandatory wear for all of the guests (I can't wait to see pictures).

      So at first I found the cut file for the cute corset favor bags (purchased here at  Cre8ive Cutz). The only drawback was that my niece asked for help about five days before the party and putting together 30 bags would have just been too time consuming. So she settled on altering some shot glasses. I purchased a wonderful corset image from the Silhouette store  and on the back of the glasses it say "30 Sexy2" to represent her age. I learned some lessons with this project like -
  1. Never answer the phone when it is my niece calling and I know that she is about to ask me to do something last minute, lol. (just kidding).
  2. Crafting may look easy to "outsiders" but when it is time to work on a project it is clearly not. She and my oldest niece came over to put them together and let's just say it took a little energy to show them how to apply the vinyl.
  3. The housing that encases the Silhouette blade can get "gunked" up with small particles. After a total of over 100 small cuts my blade called it quits.
  4. So from point 2 lesson learned - always keep extra blades on hand.
  5. And another lesson from point 2, keep extra vinyl on hand too - just to leave a little room for error.Not that I made any, I am just saying..................
Overall I love the results and can't wait to add this to my porfolio of successful projects.

7 comments:

Krafthead said...

OOOOOO these turned out nice! You did a wonderful job =)

Staci said...

How cool are they?! TFS!

Miesha Roshawn said...

These are very cute!

lovemypaper said...

OMG these are off the hook love them thank for the wonderful idea!

Miss Misi said...

Cute and sassy!

Unknown said...

You did an awesome job, Tamika!

Tamika said...

Those are HOT!!!!Hope everyone had fun and the guest that want them for their party doesn't wait until the day of!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Snag a Button


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones