Wednesday, April 06, 2011

A Layout a Day #1

I have been working on a stack of Works In Progess (WIPs) and even though I am pretty good about posting them once they are complete I don't always tell the story behind the layout. This is a layout of my daughters and their father in NY from last year. They just went for the day on a bus from Chinatown in downtown Philly. While there they visited Times Square and the Empire State Building (at least from the outside, the girls were too nervous to go to the top). I used the Girls' Paperie from the July 2010 www.scrap-room.com kit. I die cut the paper using a template I made from a previous die cut paper and if you look very closely you can see I inked the edges. I cut the banner from the pattern paper and added the bakers twine. I made the pinwheel flowers from a piece of red cardstock and I kind of struggled with them because I just could not get them to stay glued down so I went on glue overload (you can even see it on one of them, ooops!). I used a variety of Alpha sitckers for the title and added some buttons to top it off. Overall this is a fave for me. Even though their father and I are not together I love seeing him take time out for his girls.


0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Snag a Button


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones