Wednesday, June 30, 2010
- Very lightweight and easy to hold. It is a pretty pink color.
- Works as advertised.
- Battery operated, great to move around with.
- Well hopefully this was just a fluke on my unit but the "on" indicator does not work and I burned my hand trying to see if it was working. Now considering how hot these get, it was very painful. (I am returning mine for this reason alone).
- Battery Operated, needs three double AA and that can get costly after while.
- It doesn't come with any jewels to use even as a sample, all acessories are sold separately.
- Gems can start sliding if you press too hard so you want to be very careful.
- The small head seems to limit the effectiveness when using larger gems.
How it works -
The gems come with a hard adhesive on the back. You put the gem in place, then place the heat tool on top to melt the adhesive underneath.
Overall it works great! And man-o-man does that adhesive hold. Now working with the gems can be a pain, especially the smaller ones but they sell an accessory that makes it easier to pick them up, I just used a q-tip instead and it worked fine.
So overall I recommend it as long as the indicator light works, if not it can be a pretty dangerous tool to have around, especially if you have children. If you have the hotmarks tool already (as I do) you can just buy the gems and it will work exactly the same but unfortuantely that has a cord. If you don't have the hotmarks already then the i-rock is definitely a better deal price wise.
Remember the sketch I said I was working on a few posts ago, well here is the end result usisng the i-rock.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
- Early Morning construction, are you kidding me!
- Where is my dress?
- Okay a little too sexy for work, take two.
- Quiet ride, school is out for the summer, God is talking- be quiet.
- Got to write down the menu for the party.
- So many numbers on spreadsheets, so little time.
- Mmmmmm, a nice cup Joe!
- A lot of morning silliness.
- The emails are HOT!
- Something is brewing and you are going to love it.
- Do you remember, the 21st night of September.
- Ooooh I like it!
- You should live up to your obligations like a man.
- POP! I can't wait!
- Three day weekend!
- Why is the clock moving so slow.
- I missed the meeting but you all will be in trouble.
- Curly hair is sexy.
- It happened yesterday but it still hurts.
- I didn't invade your privacy, I found it by accident.
- 30% off the entire store.
- traffic drama, are you serious- stop double parking.
- need to go to bed earlier, good nite!
Monday, June 28, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
- I can't wait to get the i-rock - this tool promise to be a bling machine. I haven't read any reviews for it yet so i can't wait to get my hands on it and try it for myself.
- Next is Echo Park's newest line, Walk in the Park. I love the colors and the elements look like so much fun. I can already picture my first layout using this line.
- I love my slice and they have some of the cutest design cards, right now this is on my wish list. I love to cook and this font can be used so many ways.
- And right now I am working on this Page Maps sketch. I have my general concept laid out but it is just missing something...............................................well as soon as I figure out what I will post it.